Business Information Management 1b: Data Essentials
Now that you have the basics of business down from the previous course, it’s time to become better acquainted with the application of information management in business. Learn about professional conduct, teamwork, and managerial skills, while also examining careers in business technology. The basics of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software are also explored so that you become better prepared for jobs in this field.
Communicating with others is a cornerstone of life. Be it chatting to friends, arguing with parents, or even listening to music, it’s all communication, but there’s more to communication than words. Being conscious of what and how you communicate with others is never more important than it is in the workplace, and this includes how you speak, how you behave, and more.
What will you learn in this unit?
- Distinguish verbal from non-verbal communication, as well as the different ways each form of communication is expressed
- Explain the importance of communication in the office or workplace
- Communicate effectively in a team
- Examine the ways communication can be used to resolve conflict
- Assess the use of project tools to manage projects and facilitate communication